I have been wanting to start an art challenge for a long time and with this being the beginning of a new year I thought this would be the perfect time to do so.
The premise behind the challenges will be that at the end of each challenge everyone's artwork will fit together as a mosaic, hence the challenge name Mosaic Medley, heh.
Here's how it goes...
- Challenges are open to all regardless of skill level.
- Artwork is to be done at 4"x4".
- Each challenge will have a new theme which the artwork should follow.
- Artwork can be done in any drawing or painting medium (no digital art or photography please).
- Three weeks will be allotted for each challenge.
- Challenges will start on a Friday and be due by midnight Thursday.
- Final artwork should be a jpeg with the size being no less than 400x400 pixels and no greater than 1000x1000 pixels.
- Send finished artwork with subject line reading "Challenge #_" to: mosaicmedley @ comcast.net. In the body state the artist's name, the medium used, and a link to your website or blog (if applicable). Make sure your image is being sent as an email attachment and is not embedded in the email body.
- You may submit up to 4 pieces for each challenge.
Once I receive your submission I will post it to the blog and at the end of the three weeks I'll post the resulting mosaic!
I think that's it! So let's start shall we?
January 14 - February 10
Given the past week of weather we've had, I figure "snow" is not only a very appropriate theme, but also one for which there is currently plenty of reference material.